Thursday, March 8, 2012

Getting there

I realize it has been entirely too long since I've posted here. You see, I am a "ducks in a row" person. I like to fool myself into thinking that once I get various aspects of my life under control, then I can really dig in and write, blog, teach, whatever...
I know there is no such thing as "arriving" in this life. As frustrating as that can be for someone like myself, I know I need to start jumping in and taking baby steps towards the life I am visualizing for my family. So many changes have taken place already in one way or another. I am working really hard to try and make these changes habit, so they stick.

I hope to go into more detail in individual posts sooner or later, but for now here is a list of some of the new "habits" I am trying to form:
1. If it takes less than one minute to do, do it NOW. (I didn't invent this concept, but I've been working on it and it really does result in fewer major clean ups and fixes throughout the day)
2. Stop eating sugar. No really. I think all my teeth are sweet teeth, but almost two weeks ago I decided to just stop eating obvious sugars and it has been a really positive change.
3. Make more foods from scratch. This is a complicated one. There are SO MANY THINGS that can be made cheaply and fairly simply at home. It's just the TIME thing! This is one area where I know I'm going to need lots of practice and give myself lots of grace. This is new territory for me.
4. Live in the moment with my family. Cut out distractions whenever possible. (hint: put the laptop away!) This is hard for my multi-tasking brain to accept.
5. Spend time in the Word. This might be a good time to mention that this list is not in any order of importance or priority. If I truly believe that what builds me up into a better Christian, a better wife, mother, a better PERSON, is the Word of God, then I had better spend more time in it. Period.

Anyway, there is more. There's always more to say when you're talking to me :) But for now, I need to tend to some baking before this day gets away from me. I just wanted to pop in and show my blog that I haven't forgotten about it. Maybe someday people will even read it.





Meanwhile, we've enjoyed such a mild winter this year that these park photos are from sometime in February! I can't complain about it other than I will miss having a chance to play in the snow with my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Olive you a comment if you leave me one. (Puns? We're doing puns?)