Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Purpose


My life right now (and I suppose forever) has a strong emphasis on family. Growing up, my family was always of utmost importance, and we valued spending time together. Even when I was a horrible challenging teenager, I never doubted that I was loved. Now that I am married and raising children of my own, I am discovering that this is not automatic. Of course I love my babies and natural affection abounds! But some effort is required. As mothers, we are setting the stage for the childhood that our children will carry with them forever in their hearts, hopefully with fond memories.

I want my children to know that their family is their safe place. That our home is their home. That God is in control, and we are in it together.

I work outside the home a meager 5-8 hours per week, and it is really just to help make ends meet. (I used to think the expression was "ends meat" like some kind of food...) My real job is that of Christian, wife, mother, sister, daughter, friend. And each of those is full time. I may not have a career outside the home, but the one I am discovering inside is just as daunting and also rewarding. I don't mean to make mountains out of molehills, here. I realize millions of women have done this very thing for thousands of years. But for me, this has been a challenge. I don't want to simply get through it, as some might. I didn't have children so that I could have a pint-sized accessory for a while and then consider them a burden after that. The same way I didn't get married just to have a big party. I'm in it for the long haul, and I want to do my very best for my husband and my babies.
This blog will be a place for me to track my journey as I try to make my faith my rock, my house a home, my husband a true partner, and my children a blessing to me and to everyone whose lives they will touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Olive you a comment if you leave me one. (Puns? We're doing puns?)